Friday, November 13, 2015

Hey Hey! 11.9.2015

Hey hey family and friends! Another good week for the books! 

Some highlights this week: 
Visiting with CH and her girls again. They are seriously just an incredible family. We had 2 great lessons with them (one about prophets and the other about fasting) and they also came to the stake young women recognition evening! They are doing incredible and the ward is doing a fabulous job at fellowshipping them. Very grateful for that.

Bluebell ice cream is back! After a 6 month hiatus (aka deep cleaning of the plant) the best ice cream has returned. It's actually not that big of a deal, but lots of people get super excited about it. 

We went on exchanges with the Rowlett sisters this week. I had the privilege to be with Sister Iona for the day. She is a mighty missionary. Her example of faith, diligence, and standing up for her beliefs really impacted me. I am grateful for the blessing to go on exchanges and see the Christ-like service of so many sisters. We had a really good day. We texted a less-active, TA, to see if she needed any help moving. And she did! So we loaded up our cars and moved some stuff to her new apartment. Good news though....she's still in our area! Yay. We were able to get in with another less-active family, the HA's. They're going through a rough time, but Sister Iona and I testified of the power that the Book of Mormon can bring to us.

Saturday morning we were able to help with a Red Cross event. We helped install fire alarms in elderly people's homes. I was very humbled by the houses we went to. People were living in very poor circumstances. It was an eye opener. But we were in a group with a sweet college girl named LE and we had some great conversation with her.

There was a regional stake conference broadcast yesterday. It was incredible. For the first 30 minutes, our stake was able to do a program, then we turned on the broadcast. I was able to accompany the Garland 1st ward choir and a children's choir during that. It was an awesome opportunity to use my talents. Elder Robbins, Elder Corbridge, Sister Reeves, and Elder Oaks all spoke at it. I loved Elder Robbins message about simplifying our lives. We are so blessed to be taught and instructed from the prophets and other general authorities.

Last night, Sister Howell and I were blessed to have dinner with Bishop Hastings and his family. They are an incredible example to me of the hope that the gospel brings. They are just peaceful. It was amazing to be in their home. I love that family!

The highlight of my week was yesterday though. After Stake Conference, we were helping the Lake Highlands ward with the practice for the primary program. When it was over, our ward mission leader's little son, FR came up to us. He's six, has huge, adorable eyes, and a cute little lisp. He grabbed my hand and Sister Howell's hand and looked us in the eyes and said, "Sisters! I have great news! I'm going to have a new baby sister." It was ADORABLE. Just his excitement made my day.

Oh man, I love this gospel. I love the Book of Mormon, and I know that it's true. I love y'all!

Love,
Sister Gretchen Gilbert

No comments: