Tuesday, May 19, 2015

5.18.2015

Hey people! It's been a great week. :) I'm really short on time, so here are some highlights:

Tuesday we had dinner with a family who is opening up a shaved ice shack. They made fake Cafe Rio salads for dinner then we had shaved ice for dessert. I may or may not have had two.... hahaha. :) They are a great family and are definitely missionary minded in inviting their friends to activities and dinners and stuff. Love.

Wednesday we got invited to a leadership meeting. It was really nice! We talked about having vision and sharing it with the people we are working with.

Thursday we had dinner with ST, our investigator. She made tacos for us! It was just a wonderful meeting. I love her!

Friday we had dinner with BE and FL for her birthday. BIG NEW PEOPLE: they will be getting married THIS Friday! WOHOOOOO!!!!! Then we just gotta teach BE the rest of the lessons and then a baptism will be on its way. So good. I LOVE that family.

Saturday was a wonderful day! We were able to go with SU and her Mom to walk around the Dallas temple! We had a wonderful lesson about eternal marriages and patriarchal blessings and the endowment and all those good things! The Spirit was definitely felt by all. Sister YO told us that she feels the Spirit so strongly as she reads the Book of Mormon. I am so proud of her and all she is doing!!

Sunday is always great. I love having the opportunity to take the Sacrament twice every week because we cover the two wards. It's a wonderful time for reflection and thought about the Savior and His wonderful Atonement.

I love this work! I love this area! I know that Jesus Christ lives.

LOVE Y'ALL!!!

Love,
Sister Gilbert

No comments: