Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Another week of the same, but oh it's glorious! - 5.11.2015

Hey y'all!

First of all I just want to start off with how grateful I am for Mother's Day!! I am so grateful for my mom, and I am so grateful that I got to talk to my beautiful family!

This week was good, as always!

We had a cool experience on Tuesday with KR. A couple of weeks ago she told us that she would write our name in Arabic. So we've tried by her house a couple times and just couldn't get a hold of her. So finally on Tuesday she was home! She wrote our names in arabic (which I forgot to take a picture of) and then we were just talking to her for a while. She tried reading the Book of Mormon in arabic (no she's not arabic, she just lived there for a while and loves the language) but said it was hard. But we talked about her job and her life for a while. She then agreed to let us share a scripture and pray with her. She said that she feels like she's almost ready to come to church and that the mormons have just been popping up in her life like daisies! So funny. But after we prayed, she said, "It's a really warm night, isn't it? Like a warm feeling." She was feeling the Holy Ghost and we talked about that with her!

I am so proud of these people that I'm working with. So many of them are making BIG and important changes in their lives! I am so so thankful that I am blessed enough to see the transformations in these people.

Wednesday, we went and taught ST again! She is such an amazing woman! We talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You know, I honestly don't know if she'll ever convert, due to her health, but she's wonderful. She started telling us about her friend who has been struggling knowing that God loves her. She wants to send the missionaries to her to give her hope and strength! Yes, she just like, gave us a referral without us even asking for it. ST is not afraid to share what she is learning and loving. I am so proud of her.

Also on Wednesday, we taught SU her first new member lesson. She is such an amazing girl. She said she's loved having the Holy Ghost this week. Her Mom opened up to us once again, and told us that's she's tried to be active before, but this time it feels different. She's been reading the book of mormon MANY times every day (like 3 times - on the way to work, at the gym, and on the way home) and she just knows that this is what she needs to be doing. She is amazing and such a wonderful example for her family.

BE and FL are doing well. He is healing nicely, but is getting so stir crazy. We are so excited for the good things happening in that family.

Okay, the miracles of Friday. So the youth had an activity a while ago where they gave out family history surveys. We finally got in contact with one of the ladies. This is how the conversation went.
"Hi are you SH?"
"Yes"
"We're the missionaries. Some youth from our church came by a while ago and gave you a survey about a family history website. Could we come and teach about it?"
"Oh, we're Christians, so we're okay. We've already found Jesus. I thought it was going to be about a website"
*This is where I roll my eyes a little and say*
"Oh we're just here to tell you about that website."
"Oh really?"

Hahaha. Anyway, we got a return appointment with her. When the day came around, we showed her how to get started on familysearch.org. She was so excited to learn and enter the information about her family. After we finished up, we asked her if we could come back and teach her family about God's plan to build strong families! She agreed, so we set up a day and time where her husband and kids will be home! Woooo!! So excited. I'll update you next week on how it goes.

Also, on Friday we were out tracting for a little while before dinner. We taught a man a 10 minute lesson and he agreed to read the Book of Mormon! I don't know where it will go with him, but I just get so excited every time people agree to read!

And Sunday. Sunday was great. SU gave us roses for mother's day. It was just about the sweetest thing. And then in 7th ward we were just setting our stuff down on a bench when a 9 year old named BR came up to us. [Just some back story on BR. Her dad is not a member but her step-mom is, and she's been coming to church with her for several months. Also, BR's primary teacher told us that BR has been begging her dad for a while to allow her to get baptized. She came to SU's baptism and LOVED it and just really wants to get baptized.] Anyway, BR came up to us and said, "I'd like to get baptized. Will you teach me?" WHAT?!?!?!?!?! Oh man, I LOVE when that happens! Why yes, we'd love to teach you! Haha. So we set up an appointment with her step-mom and we'll see how it goes! I LOVE THESE KIDS!! It has been so amazing for me to get to work with so many children on my mission and help them receive the sacred ordinance of baptism!

Skyping was amazing. I LOVE MY FAMILY. I am so grateful that I get to be out here helping unite other people's families!

I love this gospel. I love this church. I love this mission that I'm serving.

A quote that I heard this week is, "I can be perfect at trying." (I think it was from Meet the Mormons.) I loved that.

I truly know that Christ's way is the way to happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come!

MUCH LOVE,
Sister Gilbert

No comments: