Sunday, June 14, 2015

Mighty McKinney 6.8.2015

Hey y'all!!!

It's been another beautiful week here in the Texas Dallas Mission specifically Mighty McKinney!

We were able to teach little BR two times this week. We taught the Plan of Salvation and the Gospel of Jesus Christ which she just loved and accepted. I love that little girl. She's going out of town for 2 weeks, so sadly we won't be able to teach her for a while, but when she gets home, she should be good to go! Love it. Also, we had the opportunity to go to family home evening with President and Sister Taylor. That was wonderful. I love every opportunity that I have to be in their home. They are such lovely people, and I know that I was called here to serve not only the people of the Dallas Area, but also to serve with the Taylors. 

We were also able to teach ST twice this week. We talked about covenants, specifically baptism and where it's found in the Book of Mormon. We also introduced her to family history a little bit, and taught her about proxy baptisms. She loved that doctrine. I love when it just makes sense for people.

Wednesday we helped a little boy in the ward with his math homework. That was a great service opportunity. We also had a lesson with the YOs. We talked about the Plan of Salvation, but we taught it from an Identity, Purpose, and Destiny perspective. I felt so uplifted at the conclusion of the lesson, and I'm know that SU and Sister YO did as well. Sister YO is just so incredible. She is in-tune with the Spirit and is willing to live by God's will for her. She is a woman of great faith (even though she doesn't recognize it) and teaching SU how to live a righteous life. I am so proud of her. 

Friday we had zone meeting. Oh my goodness, I just love this zone so much! As we all shared our testimonies and insights, the Spirit was strong. I am grateful for the power and authority that we as missionaries have been given. It's been amazing to see the changes in these Elders, even in just the 4 months that I have been around them. Sister Weichers and I had the opportunity to train about Companions. It was so nice. We used Sister Burton's talk, "We'll Ascend Together." I love 2 quotes from her talk: "Thee lift me, and I'll lift thee, and we'll ascend together" and "When we seek to complete, rather than compete, it is so much easier to cheer each other on." I love my companion. It was so easy to train about companions with her. :)

Saturday we had the opportunity to attend the temple with a sister from our ward. I love the temple. I love the Spirit that is there. I gained many new insights and found a lot of comfort in the temple. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father loves us and gives us the things that we need to be able to return to Him. The Plan of Happiness is perfect. There are no details missing. The Atonement is the beautiful center of that Plan, and I am so grateful for it. I am grateful for the strength that I find through it. 

After the temple, we had a lesson with TY again, finally. We had a couple from the ward come with us, and I am SO thankful that they did. Brother P really answered and addressed her concerns better than I could have. He also dedicated her home. It was a beautiful lesson. I am so thankful for the priesthood.

In retrospect, my testimony has been deeply strengthened this week in many aspects. The Restoration, the Book of Mormon, the Gospel, the Priesthood, prayer, scripture study, the Atonement, the Plan of Salvation. I can testify with my heart that I know this church is true. I know that God's power is on the earth today, held by worthy men, but that the blessings of the priesthood are available to all. 


As this transfer ends, I am really sad to see Sister Weichers being transferred. She has been an absolute joy to serve with. I know that God has great things in store for me and for her though.

I love this work. I love each of you!

No comments: