Monday, February 9, 2015

Hello, McKinney!

Hello!! Oh my, there aren't really words to describe the INSANE-ness of this week.

Sooo, I got transferred! I'm now serving in a town called McKinney, TX. It is currently rated by Money Magazine (maybe?) as the number one place in the United States to live! So, I'm living the dream basically!

So, my companion is Sister Weichers (pronounced Wickers like a snickers bar). She is from Apple Valley, California (near Victorville on I-15) and has been out for 6 months. So she came out the transfer after me. We get along VERY well and are having a blast!



We got doubled into an elders' area. (Yes, this is the second time that this has happened to me.) So basically, our apartment was a piece of garbage. But that is okay.

We have some wonderful zone leaders who lovingly came and scrubbed the bathroom and kitchen for us for a couple of hours while we were out working. BLESSING. Not currently a fan of messiness. Or ever. But it is okay!

So, for Tuesday-Saturday we were blessed to have a car from the elders in the 3rd ward. We were able to figure out the area and meet our Bishops and ward mission leaders and just get around nicely. But lo-and-behold, the lovely assistants called on Saturday and informed us that we had to give the car back. CRY. Needless to say, I am living the bike life again! Ahh. Sister Weichers and I biked to the library today (only about a mile away) but I totally have noodle legs! Yikes, it's been a while. But I am so happy to be here.

We are covering two wards, McKinney 2 and 7. It is going to be an interesting and wonderful time here! Sister Weichers and I are big into EXACT obedience. We definitely recognize that we are in NEED of big time blessings and miracles right now. Haha. But it is all good. 

We have already seen so many miracles and hearts softening in the short (and eternally long at the same time) 6 days that we have been here.

There is a couple, I'll just call them J and C. J is ready to get back to church and get rebaptized, but has some severe handicaps that make it extremely difficult to get around. So we went over there on Friday night and introduced ourselves because we are new and want to get to know people. J and C participated fully and happily. We read Alma 7:1-12 and had an amazing discussion about the Atonement. C has a very
limited knowledge about the gospel, but she was participating! Right before we were getting ready to leave, C ASKED us if we could give her the lessons because she had never heard them! I just about FLOATED out of my seat I was so happy! Oh what a miracle! I am excited to see how this progresses!

This week has been full of embarrassment in trying to figure out the wards and people and all of that jazz. But it has been full of blessings also.

So yes, I will need prayers for the bike life. But Sister Weichers and I strongly feel that there is someone we will meet on our bikes that is ready for the gospel that otherwise we wouldn't be able to find. 

The two ward life makes for very long Sundays, but it is good.

The church is true! How grateful I am for the this gospel and for the knowledge that I have. I am beyond grateful for the Atonement that carries me and strengthens me beyond what I am capable of by myself.

OH! I almost forgot. Saturday afternoon, we took our bikes out to take a practice ride for Sister Weichers. LITERALLY 2 seconds into the ride, and I crashed! Holy cow, I made it 3 months in Allen without crashing, then put me on a bike for 2 seconds in McKinney and I went down. No worries though. I am okay! Just a little road rash on the knee!

Haha. All I can do is laugh at this point.
It's been a good week. I'm excited and grateful for the coming week.

My new address is 
123 Wilson Creek Blvd #121
McKinney, TX 75069

LOVE YOU!
Sister Gilbert


No comments: