Thursday, February 26, 2015

2.23.2015 Embracing the Bike



Hello!

This week has been good! 

I have fully embraced the bike life again! A couple months ago, I bought a little decoration that says Life Is A Beautiful Ride with a bike on it. I actually hated that picture for like a week....but I'm back to loving it again. I am blessed. And I'm getting in shape. And plus one of the Elders in our zone showed us a secret back way to the church that helps us avoid the HILL OF DEATH. (literally could not even walk up the hill with the bike it was so steep/long). So grateful for secret ways. 

We had a really good lesson with a less-active, LI. We showed her the "Good Things to Come" mormon message. She loved it. She's actually traveling in Utah right now, so we haven't seen her for a while, but she is doing well. LI is basically our best friend. She's awesome. Also, our investigator CI came to the Relief Society activity! We were making humanitarian kits and she told us she loved getting to know the ladies in Relief Society and helping people. We are grateful that the sisters in the ward are willing to fellowhship and help her. 

We are finally starting to figure out the ward directories and the ward members! Hallelujah! 

Both Sister Weichers and I found names to take to the temple, so sometime soon we will be able to do a session for our ancestors! So excited! 

Our apartment is finally starting to get clean and organized! Sister Weichers and I finally feel like we can LIVE in our house. 

Coolest story of the week: Friday morning we sent out a scripture to CI and a couple other people for them to read. CI called us and told us that she read it and LOVED it. She also told us that she has faithfully been reading the Book of Mormon every day and marking chapters that she likes and she doesn't turn on the tv after she reads, she just goes to bed. Then at our appointment on Saturday, she read a bunch of scriptures that she loved to us and taught us about them. Loved it. She is wonderful. We are excited for her.

We also got to go to Prosper (Sister Weicher's old area) twice this week for two baptisms of people they taught! Oh how I love the spirit at baptisms!

Then we had Stake Conference this weekend. I love being uplifted and filled. The spiritual well sure does get empty. 

Sunday was super rainy, but fortunately enough we had scheduled 6 lessons with members to try to get to know the ward better. So we just got rides between houses and were able to avoid being caught out in the rain.

The ice storms are crazy here! We took advantage of the "do not drive/bike in this weather" mandate from the mission president and took a nap yesterday. I am always exhausted, but always blessed and always happy. :)

I can't even tell you how blessed, loved, and watched-over I am.

I can feel your prayers and your love and your support every single day. 

I know that Christ is our Savior. Oh I love him dearly! How grateful I am for my relationship with him. 

Doctrine and Covenants 76:22-24

22 And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!

 23 For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father—

 24 That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God.

I love Jesus Christ! And I love you!

Love,
Sister Gilbert


No comments: